Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Unwinding Complications

I spent most of today feeling yucky with the sniffles and cleaning house, but I got some good stuff done too!

For months I have been dreading the thought of how much it will cost to get copies of my final judgements from my divorces and today I called the courts. To my complete surprise one of them is going to cost me $1.50 and a self addressed stamp, and the other is just as cheap! I had this fear that I was going to need to drive to California and go into the court and get these things and spend a ton of money doing so.

Also, I got prices on getting the pets their rabies shots, I am pretty sure that they are all out of date and we have to have that done. I found a great price $15 each, which when you start adding its a lot but its better than $40 each!

We are well over a month away from even scheduling our homestudy and I am already stressed out over it. Feeling like I need to clean everything over and over again, even though we wont even have the homestudy here. A friend of mine called it "nesting" and although I see her point, she doesn't see mine....someone is coming to inspect my house before they will let us have children, that's far different than "nesting" when your getting towards the end of your pregnancy.

The stress of wanting a perfect homestudy is only made worse by the fact that our vacuum broke last week (me and my long hair killed another one) and we haven't replaced it yet. A few years ago this happened and I grabbed a brush and brushed the carpet, every room, wall to wall on my hands and knees. I realized today that I cant do that any more. My back (which is still healing from an injury that happened when I tripped over my flip flop a few months ago) will just not allow me to do that any more so I am sending Paul to WalMart tomorrow to by the cheapest vacuum they have since we are saving every cent we can for moving into a proper place to have children.

No comments:

Post a Comment