Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Tears of joy....

I spent several hours today pouring through the pages and pages and pages of the fost/adopt application and writing out some of the answers to the questions. More than once I found myself in tears. Not that I was sad but in the words that I was writing and the topics I was writing about. For those that don't know the application gets very personal.

Some of my tearful moments were when writing about things that I experienced growing up, what my Mom was like, why I want to adopt, how I feel about my husband, and so on. In the part of the homestudy when the licenser comes out to the home there will be more questions. I hope I don't loose it then too.

While going through the papers I found that we were missing a couple of pages so I called the social worker. She was very nice and answered many of the questions that I had about the questions in the application because some of the questions didn't make much sense to me. One of the questions was relating parenting to a child's race and I was so lost and couldn't figure out what one had to do with the other. Apparently that's a good thing and my response that I don't see that one has to do with the other unless we are talking about teaching children about their heritage was the perfect answer.

We talked for about an hour and I feel great. She told me that there are tons of children that fit what we are looking for and because we are not going to fall into the hole of "I want a caucasian baby" that the whole process will go very easy and likely very quickly. Most people that are trying to adopt are looking for babies and in our state they are looking for caucasian babies, so there is a huge waiting list and there is no rush for the social workers to get them processed. We will likely be a rush job. She said that once we turn in our application that she will want to get everything scheduled with me right away and hopes to have us processed and fully approved with in 60 days of turning in the application and placed with in 90 days. We wont be turning in the application for about a month and a half, so looks like we will have to really make Thanks Giving dinner this year and yes we will have to put up the Christmas tree.....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment