Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another 4th of July.....

Well, tomorrow is the 4th of July, again. The reason that I say it like that is because every year I think about 4th of July celebrations that I experienced growing up. Spending the day at the lake, watching the fire works with family and friends, getting a sun burn, staying up late, and just having a good time. Every year I think about all of the fun things that I want to share with a child or children.

Last year we checked out the "Freedom Festival" in Ruston and we talked about what we would do the next year with our children. Those plans will not take place. We were not able to finish our PRIDE classes because the ran to late at night and I get up to early in the morning to be up until 11pm. Yes, we are going to classes next month (they start in 1 month and 3 days, but who's counting) but its still hard to see another 4th of July come and go.

This year we are going to the celebration in Steilacoom which should be fun. There will be a parade and street fair and fire works at night (we wont be staying for those though). Our plan is to have a good time and determine what we will do next year with our children, should we have them.

I know I shouldn't be so negative but this has been such a long year for us and every time we turn around some thing else happens. Just trying to keep our eyes on the future for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment