Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

Interesting week....

This week the normal day time supervisor was out on vacation, which means that I filled in his shoes. I was a little worried about working Monday as I have only recently started working Mondays again. It had been about a year since I had been working Mondays. I had heard, from the normal day time supervisor and from our operations manager, that Mondays were getting a little crazy and busy. It wasn't. My Monday this week was nice, pleasant and easy to handle, in fact every Monday that I have worked recently has been pleasant. To be honest this whole week was fairly nice, Wednesday got a little sticky but it was still a nice day. Nearly everyone at work is sad to see my week in the supervisor seat come to an end. Seems that every time I take over they have the same reaction.

I have been doing a lot of reading this week too! The book that I have been reading is called "The Connected Child" and its a great book about attachment with your adopted or foster child. Tons of good information and makes some of my fears about what our children will be like dissipate a bit. I am not sure that I agree with everything that I have read in the book but there is enough good information that it kept me reading!

Photobucket

The lump in my arm that I was seen at the emergency room last weekend is still there, has gotten bigger and now I have another one. The hospital wanted me to have it rechecked this week and I tried to make an appointment with the clinic that they referred me to but was not able to do it. The clinic only has 1 doctor in it now and has no appointments available until October. So at some point today I will be going back to the emergency room. The hard lumps really have me worried.

There is so much to do today, I need to clean house, do laundry, get my nails done, go to the doctor, go to the library (I am picking up a new adoption book today) and the list could go on forever. Normally I would get my laundry going first since I am washing the blankets on the bed and everything but I have to wait for the bank to open so that I can get quarters. I really miss having our own washer and dryer.

Cant wait for tomorrows PRIDE Class!

No comments:

Post a Comment