Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Haunted by the home study!

I woke up this morning to the horrid sound of my alarm clock. For a moment I was lost as I had been having a very intense dream about the home study that we will go through once we have moved and our classes our final. For those that don't know, a home study is when a social worker of sorts comes to you home and talks about your family, your extended family, and goes through all sorts of things in your to make sure that your ready and have everything the state requires you to have for foster care and/or adoption.

In this haunting dream that I was having, the one the alarm clock woke me up from, we were moving into our place, another apartment. As planned, I was making our new home ready for the home study as we were moving, but I was missing something. You know those little child safety plugs that you can get, they are usually white and cover your power outlets.... Well, we were missing one.

The next day, in this dream, was our home study and I wasn't able to replace the one outlet cover and we failed our home study. Just then, the alarm clock went off and I woke up.

I know that if we are missing something in our home study that we will be allowed to get it and do the study again, or part of it again, and I also know that after having this dream I will buy extra of little things like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment